You may be concerned about the high cost of capital gains tax upon the sale of your appreciated property. Or perhaps you recently sold property and are looking for a way to save on taxes this year and plan for retirement. A charitable remainder unitrust might offer the solutions you need.
Benefits of Your Gift
- Income for life, lives, or term of years
- Avoid capital gains on the sale of your appreciated assets
- Charitable income tax deduction for remainder portion of your gift to California Lutheran University
- Future legacy gift to our organization
- A charitable remainder unitrust pays you income that reflects trust investments. There is the potential that your income could increase over time with growth in the trust.
How to Select the Right Unitrust Payout for You
There are several unitrust payout options to meet your needs:
- The standard unitrust pays out a percentage of the trust assets each year.
- Another payout option used commonly for real estate permits the trust to sell the property tax free and then begin paying you income after the property has been sold.
Choose where you want to make your impact, and support the University's growth and consistent high-quality education.
A Cal Lutheran education changes lives. When you support student scholarships you can change lives too.
Leave your mark on campus by helping us grow to meet the needs of students for years to come.
Planned gifts, such as bequests and annuities, can be a wonderful way to provide for your family's future as well as the future of Cal Lutheran.